Monday, July 03, 2006

Too Much Time on my Hands


So, I've been planning for a while now to begin a blog for my trip to Africa, and I decided to do it a little early. No, I am not leaving early, I am just beginning to post. I have lots of time this summer to just hang out and be me, so one thing I decided to do is to give some insight into my life...in case anyone actually wants some...But I will also be updating about the status of my trip and any plans that I am making. Goal for this week: after going to Tupelo and Atlanta, actually get some work done and apply for a South African student visa.

Right now, I'm house-sitting and working. I got a new job at Banana Republic (yes, I do get a great discount, no, you can't have one unless it's friends and family month). I have also been doing some research for a friend of Dr. Davis who is running an AL house campaign, which has been interesting. Basically, I look up PAC to PAC transfers and determine whether anything shady is going on. Guess what...it is. I know you're shocked.

My mom came to visit this weekend, which was wonderful. She wanted to see the garden at the house I'm staying in as well as to see me (secondary), so we hung out and went out to eat and did the Mommy-Lisa thing, which is always great. In case you aren't aware, my mother is my hero and best friend, so the long and short of it is that it was a great weekend.

Ok, enough of my relatively boring, though incredibly restful and enjoyable life. Let me know what you think of the new blog and drop me a line every now and then...there's always an extra bed should you come for a visit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very cool that you're blogging your Africa stay. Now it will be much easier to secretly pretend I'm you.

LG said...

I'll let you pretend you're me any time. Plus, this lets us actually know what each other are up to!

Anonymous said...

hooray for blogs :) If you're like me, you will become addicted

lenwa said...

hip hip hooray! i'm happy you are a blogger...makes my stalking so much easier :o)