Monday, July 17, 2006

Tea with Nelson

STOP THE PRESSES!! BBC Africa has posted an article detailing the opportunity to have TEA with NELSON MANDELA. The event will be auctioned off on eBay to benefit a Johannesburg hospital. If anyone loves me, they will most definitely fork up some serious dough for me to have tea with Nelson. Have I mentioned that he's one of my top 10 heroes? Ok, just checking. I thought that I had. And, of course, I'm all for aiding hospitals. So, if you have a ridiculous wad of cash sitting around, please know that I have the perfect place for it to go.

In other news, Ryan McDonnell, one of the students currently studying at Wits, sent a package to me by way of his parents including the graduate studies catalog as well as information on Wits in general. It has been extremely helpful. I'll post a link to his blog sometime tomorrow. I am currently deciding whether to go through the department of education or history to obtain my admittance to Wits, and I will spend most of tomorrow researching programs, downloading Skype, and looking for a microphone for my computer. I'm getting really excited about all of the prospects, though I'm also getting relatively overwhelmed...imagine that. It looks as if I'll be in Africa from mid-January to more like November now, so I'm having to readjust to that idea. I like it pretty well, though. Again, I'll just return for a year and then go to grad school. Not bad.

I haven't heard back from the embassy about a visa, but I'll try again tomorrow. That's all the news for now.

2 comments:

lenwa said...

dude...nelson mandela...freakin awesome...awesome...there are no words...none that are effective enough :o)

Soprano said...

if you seriously get a pot going, i'll contribute to your ebay bidding...

...on the condition that, when you have tea with nelson, you mention that you have a brilliant lawyer-friend that would love to pick his brain about politics and then maybe obtain a letter of recommendation for *fill in the blank for any law firm/law-related job imaginable*