Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Update

Hello, all!

I thought I'd give you a quick update on what is going on in my life.

1. I started teaching last Friday and it was really, really good! My girls are between the ages of 13 and 16 and are working very hard to adjust to a new teacher. So far, so good. I have pictures and will post them soon.

2. I am working on my research proposal (theoretical framework of human rights curriculum in South Africa and its applicability to the US school system), and am STRESSED OUT because I also have two papers to write!

3. My mom and sister arrive in 17 days!!! I have made all of our bookings...now the waiting begins. I'm looking forward to a load of Bic mechanical pencils and funfetti cupcake mix. You never know what you'll miss!

4. I will be in the Drakensberg Mountains for the next five days for our Rotary District Conference. As a result, I will get no emails starting Thursday and ending Monday. I still love you, even if I don't respond to you--promise!

Ok, good enough for now. Second cultural amalgamation post after the conference.

No comments: