Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Graduation Day!

That's right, Happy Graduation to my little sister, Katie, who is just far too old right now. I'm freaking out a little. She is walking across the stage today, and I am very proud. I am missing the entire family in M'boro for the ceremony, but I'm certainly there in spirit. So, you know the drill--family celebrations mean blog celebrations! Post your congrats to Katie!

Here are a few pictures and updates from the past few weeks:

On the weekend of the 6th, I went to the races with Bronwyn because she won two free tickets to the big race! Here we are in our hats, and also a few shots of the racetrack:







A close-up of my hat. Very Jackie O.





The next weekend, Tamlynn and I headed off to join Lynne, Peter, Desiree, and Keegan at Rotary District Conference at the Champagne Sports Resort in the Drakensberg Mountains. If you've ever wanted to get away, this is the place to do it! Here are a few pictures:
These are some pictures of our drive. It just struck me that we could have been anywhere in the US farmland taking these pictures!
This made me think of Granddaddy. It really wasn't a hut, but it did have a thatched roof!




The view out of the back door of our room...






Hiking near the Drakensberg Sun Resort. The Kingdom of Lesotho is just over those mountains.






Our helicopter ride over the mountains. That's Lynne getting blown away and Peter thanking the pilot.










And finally, on Wednesday night, I managed to take a flying leap down a flight of terra cotta stairs. Here are the results: no broken bones, no smashed head, no splintered laptops, but legs a little worse for wear. Don't worry, I was on my way to a Rotary presentation, and still managed to give it, after being checked out by all of the Rotary Anns and a nurse. If you're squeamish, don't check this out:







Yum, Betadine!


In other news, thanks to Skye for my package and Kristian for the bracelet. See Katie and Mommy in a week--exactly!!!

1 comment:

Benjamin Uel Marsh said...

To Katie,

I hope your graduation was wonderful. I assure you that time will fly, just jump aboard and cherish the ride. I still remember my highschool graduation, I know I know I am only 23. Nonetheless, I remember a beautiful sense of completion, then suddenly I was a freshmen again.

I wish you the best, and I know you will make your family proud. You come from good stock, so there isn't any doubt in my mind that you will be extravagant.

Good Luck