Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!

My Valentine's Day present was an internet password! So, you can really expect pictures soon. I'm serious!

I was thinking this morning that you might be interested in knowing about the food I'm eating. Sorry to disappoint, but it's not that much different. The main thing is, it's healthier! The second difference is that it's a lot cheaper. This morning I went to the store and bought chicken, juice, bananas, onions, potatoes, spinach, zucchini (marrows), green beans, cheese, and a grocery bag for a little over $20 (R 155)! What a great deal! So, I'm eating very well and hopefully all that weight I lost in the spring will be doubled back--woohoo! I feel much healthier than I have in a while.

The only good food story I have for the time being is mince and toast. Apparently, ground beef is called mince here. Not only that, but if you stew it like chili, then you can serve it on toast for breakfast. Not quite sure about that, but it tastes pretty good, so no complaints, I suppose. I just have to get used to chili for breakfast!

Another interesting cultural difference (that I'm NOT too fond of) is the displays of public affection (PDA) found EVERYWHERE on this campus. I mean, I know that it's Valentine's Day, but making out in front of the entire student body is really not necessary. If I date while I'm here, I'll definitely have to set some ground rules on that one.

Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day, Lisa. Your exciting adventures make our lives seem mundane, even boring at times. It also sounds like you've learned to cook. Good for you!!!Is the campus terrain conducive to bike riding? Hugs,kisses, and much love from our family.
--Andrea

LG said...

I could definitely handle riding the bike. The difficulty would be getting a good one and then lugging it daily into my 3rd floor room. Crime is pretty serious here, so nothing can be left outside. A far cry from my beloved BSC! Give the family hugs and kisses for me.