Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thank Goodness!

Whew! We had a close call. On last Tues., Nov. 8, I called the Wits education department to check in on my application. Since housing applications are due Nov. 30 and cannot be processed until school acceptance is made, I thought I'd give it a little extra check-up, just in case. Glad I did! Turns out, my application had been misplaced! You can imagine my reaction. I immediately contacted my Rotary sponsors, who took care of everything. I had an email in my inbox this morning telling me that my application had been located and that I should hear something from Wits by Thursday. Thank goodness! I know that this is just one of many foibles that will likely occur on the route to getting this all set up, but I'm surely glad that this first one is over.

Things here are well. This weekend, Katie, my mother, and our friend from church came to visit BSC. Katie and Mommy stayed for the weekend, and we did some visiting with various and sundry friends. I am working on my last three weeks at BSC, trying to get everything put together as far as recruited students goes. Tonight is my last night of work at the BR (which isn't saying much since I can't remember the last time I was there). As for scholarship news, I have gotten my Rotary business cards, which are really neat. I think they did a great job. I'm working on my final doctor visits, international drivers license, TB test, etc. Plenty to do, and as always not much time in which to do it. I officially leave Birmingham Dec. 4 (which is only a month from when I leave for Turkey, Greece, and Rome!). More fun times ahead.

1 comment:

lenwa said...

have i told you that i'm a little bit jealous of your life at the moment...

but just the same, i love you!