Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Slow down, you're moving too fast..."

I knew there would be foibles in the process, but I certainly never expected that the next one would come within 12 hours of my last post. I received an email from Wits asking if I had applied through the South African Qualifications Authority, a group which evaluates transcripts to determine whether or not an applicant is suitable for a certain program. From what I gather, this is much like our "Highly Qualified" status. Anyway, the process takes around 6 months. 6 MONTHS???!!!???!!!

Ok, I'm not freaking out. I called my Rotary coordinator and he is taking care of it, we hope. Anyway, I think lost might have been better than might not happen. So say a little prayer for me and for the folks processing my application. Send positive thoughts. Meditate day and night. Whatever works for you--I could use it.

On the other hand, my friend Jon David got his acceptance, so I know I'll have a friend in Cape Town. We talked about travel plans and going to Mozambique, and I think we're both sufficiently excited...much fun lies ahead!

No comments: