Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The sojourn begins

We will dispense with the song lyric post titles (because it's getting old and because--believe it or not--I don't know that many) as we begin the new year and the new journey. I hope that holidays were lovely for all of you, as they were for me, and that the new year has been a good one in its first two days.


Tomorrow, I will leave the 'Boro for Birmingham. I have several get-togethers with folks that I haven't yet said goodbye to, and then I will head to Ashley's house for the night before leaving at 4:40 the next morning. We will get to the airport around 5:15, and then the sojourn begins--this time to Turkey, Greece, and Italy, in the footprints of Paul. We will go everywhere that St. Paul goes on his sojourn in the book of Acts, including ancient Ephesus, Smyrna, Laodicea, Corinth, Athens, and Rome. I will return to the States on Feb. 17. The picture below is not our exact route (I stole it from a bike trip map), but it is a pretty good replica. If you really want to know the exact locations, go get out your handy dandy Bible.


Once I return, I have only a week before I leave for Johannesburg. I have received my visa (thank goodness! and with little time to spare) and have only to wait on my plane reservations now. I should have an overnight in Paris to see Farley, and then arrive in Jo'burg on the morning of Jan. 28. Lynne and Peter, my Rotary sponsors, will be at the airport to meet me. They are delightful people, and I'm sure that they will take good care of me, so no worries! I am excited to meet them and to begin my time in Africa--FINALLY!!


So, as you go about the first week of the new year, my travels have begun--what a great way to start the year! I hope that yours is as exciting as mine is shaping up to be! Pax!

1 comment:

lenwa said...

how is the journey going?

i'm very very jealous...but i love you very very much!

many hugs!