Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ode to a Greecian...urn? Maybe not.

So today we're here in Crete. We have visited Istanbul, Izmir, Kusadasai, Bergama; ancient Ephesus, Colossae, Laodicea, Pergamom, and Hierapolis in Turkey. Turkey is in Asia, which I didn't actually realize since part is in Europe, so I have now seen 4 continents...only 3 to go (if I really want to include Antarctica). In Greece, we have seen Kavalla, Veria, and Thessaloniki; and ancient Beroea, Philipi, and Thessaloniki in Greece proper.

Crete consists of staying Heraklion and making a couple of day trips, today to the Palace Knossos, the St. Titus basilica and the St. Catherine's basilica.

Loving every minute of it!! I'll update when I can. Love to you all from far across the seas.

1 comment:

Jon David said...

I saw your pics and am incredibly jealous. To one up you, though, I'll have seen 5 continents after my excursion to Israel (although Turkey and Israel may not exactly count for Eastern cultures - just the continent itself). I leave on the 25th from B'ham at 1:00, but my phone may be canceled by then. We'll see.