Saturday, August 26, 2006

The storm is passing over

Well, I hope that if you talked to me sometime this week you did it today. If not, I apologize, because I was probably frazzled and uptight and generally not fun. This week has been a 60 hour work week, which I will not do again for a long time. On the upside, I have started my new, full-time job at BSC, and I love it. I am working in Church Relations doing recruitment (basically an admissions counselor for Methodist students) and enjoying being back on campus, though the faculty/staff sticker on my car stresses me out even more than the alumni sticker, if you can imagine that. If you are around campus, come by and see me! I love to have visitors, and my office is adorable, if I do say so myself. Of course, there are Africa remembrances all over it. Also, if you're a Chi Omega, there are a few owls living there now that are looking for a new home...

So, to add stress to my week, I worked on finishing my application, which I have now done, minus the R300 money order, which will come in on Monday. I was not aware that you couldn't get an international money order from just any bank, but to avoid that problem yourself, go to your own bank. Unfortunately for me, that means a trip to TN...fortunately for me, I was going home anyway. More about that later. So, I have sent the paperwork to Ryan through his aunt, and the actual application will go to Katy on Thursday. Who knew that EBSCO interdepartmental mail could be so helpful?! Then, Katy will take it to Wits, and it will all be done from this end...then the waiting begins.

Now that my week from hell is almost over, I am looking forward to going home to see a friend of mine in concert. My friend Chris Young, from Governor's School in 11th grade, just won the Nashville Star competition, which is basically American Idol gone country. He is playing a show at MTSU, and since I have an in there, I am going with my whole family. We're all really proud of Chris. He is a really good guy and has so much talent. If you are interested in seeing more about him, please visit his website, www.chrisyoungcountry.com. His newest release, "Drinking Me Lonely," is about the most beautiful thing I have heard in a long time, and he wrote it himself. They grow up so fast!

I should take this moment to saying thanks to my friends for helping me to get through this stressful bit of time. Whether calling to check on me or sending a special blue jar opener, I really appreciate it. You can have no idea how much I needed a pick-me-up. Thanks! Now that I have more time, look for Nelson wisdom soon to come. Oh, and the auction will be in November, so start saving your money for Lisa's tea with Nelson!

1 comment:

Soprano said...

just thought you should know that your apartment and your landlords = adorable

also, it rains a lot here in nola, so you should come visit and we can wear rubber boots and matching ponchos.... ok maybe not, but the visiting part = a good idea

also, congrats on getting the applications done! you are so productive and i need to be more like you!

miss and love you lots!