Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Special Day!

This post should serve as a notice that today, April 24, is a very important day in the life of all of you! Why, you ask? Because today, not so many years ago, Laurie Glenn was born! That’s right, today is my wonderful mother’s birthday! Many of you know that my mother is my best friend and probably my favorite person in the whole world. You also know that I’m not sucking up when I say that! My mother is an incredible person, and today is a day that I wish I could be at home to give her a hug and tell her myself. Luckily for the 21st century girl, I can almost do that in the form of a blog post! You’d like to join me, you say? Okay! Just post a little comment here to my mom telling her happy birthday. It doesn’t matter if you know her or not, it’s just exciting that she’ll get little notes from around the world. Thanks for indulging me. And now, for a blast from Lisa’s past:

That pretty much sums up all of my childhood. Thanks, Mommy. By the way, nice haircut! Funny story: one day my mom came home from getting her hair permed and asked me what I thought. I told her she looked like Gene Shalit, my favorite Today Show movie commentator. Not a complement? Of course it was! It meant that her hair was REALLY curly! I never did have a lot of tact...

While we’re on familial notes, you should know that my dad, the bigshot met with the Governor of Tennessee recently, blah, blah, blah, my sister, the bigshot, has finished her prom preparations (collective sigh of relief), blah, blah, blah, but the big news lies with Carl. Carl, the total bigshot, played percussion for SHERYL CROW last week! Ok, it was tambourine, but he was still onstage with Sheryl Crow! He's taken to calling himself "Carl the Percussionist," as Sheryl called him. So, a family of bigshots. What can I say? We raise them right.

My love to all four of you today! Go out and enjoy the birthday celebration. Mwah!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I know Laurie Glenn. Happy Birthday to you!!! Enjoy your special day. How sweet of your daughter to let the entire internet kingdom know. Congratulations. I liked the picture of you and Lisa. Gene Shalit? Just never saw the resemblance.

Kathy Kano

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's the cutest picture! Your mother is one of MY favorite people in the world, too. AND, I wish I could be in TN to give her a big hug today, too! Since you didn't say her age, I won't either, but I am sure she is teary after reading your blog. We old women get very emotional... :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURIE!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Mrs Glenn! Happy Birthday from Meghan!

Katy G. said...

Happy, happy birthday, Laurie! Hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope I get to meet you someday soon!

Katy G.

lenwa said...

happy happy birthday lisa's mom!

i don't know you, but i figure if you are lisa's mom you must be fantastical! hope you have a fabulous birthday!

also...lisa, you are from a family of rock stars! nice!

Benjamin Uel Marsh said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Glenn.

I hope it is the beginning of another wonderful year for you. Thanks for giving birth to such a great daughter, she has touched many lives, including my own, and I am sure you are a key reason for that.

lavitaso said...

Happy birthday!

Also, Sheryl Crow? Very exciting! Is Carl legally changing his name? He definitely should.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such wonderful good wishes from old friends as well as some I haven't yet met. I had a great day, enriched tremendously by your comments and by those of a terrific daughter who continues to amaze me with her knowledge and courage. Although I couldn't recognize it at the time, it was all there in that cute little pixie in a Pull-Up!