Saturday, November 24, 2007

Winding Down

Well, I suppose many of you know that my academic career in South Africa has come to a close. I have finished my final project, handed it in, defended it, and now I'm done! I will leave my res on Wednesday (they kick you out here immediately when exams end) and move in for a while with Lynne and Peter. I'm trying to wrap up the final things I need to accomplish in Jo'burg and then I'll head out on the 3rd for a trip to Cape Town. You should see me back home around the 12th of December!



So, I'm debating what to write to you about right now. I'm going to try to write something once per day until I leave for Cape Town so that I can process what I'm feeling and you can know some of what's going on with me. In the meantime, here are some pictures which I have been remiss in posting until now.



Can't wait to see you all in person!



From my weekend getaway with Lynne, Peter and Tamlynn at Lynne and Peter's and then on a lunch cruis on the Vaal River:


A real Southern breakfast! They loved the grits and hash browns!


The turkey at Stonehaven on Vaal that we considered stealing for our Thanksgiving meal

A friend of his, for my mom

Lunch on the boatThe Vaal River and the South African flag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love turtles!